In order to protect the personal information of our donors and constituents, the CCTFA Foundation has adopted the 10 Privacy Principles contained within the PIPEDA. We have also taken steps to become compliant with applicable laws in Canada that protect personal information.
Our 10 Privacy Principles
1. Our responsibility to protect your personal information while it is under our control and when it is processed by third parties. The Canadian Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association Foundation is responsible for the protection of your personal information collected through its head office, workshops and site offices, or program activities. This responsibility extends when personal information is transferred to or collected by third parties on our behalf. It is the responsibility of the Privacy Officer to ensure that all third party contracts are in adherence with PIPEDA.
2. Our obligation to identify the purposes for collecting personal information. Before we collect any personal information from you, we will identify the purpose for the collection. A statement of purposes will be communicated wherever possible.
3. The requirement for knowledge and consent regarding the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We will only collect, use, and disseminate personal information with your knowledge and consent, except in limited situations as permitted by law. This may be with your express consent (for example, where you voluntarily provide information on a form for purposes you clearly understand and agree to) or by declining an opportunity to opt-out of our collection or use of your personal information. Further, you can withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time, subject to any legal requirements and reasonable notice.
4. Limiting information collection. We only collect personal information relevant to the purposes that have been identified. We collect information fairly and lawfully, and directly from individuals wherever possible.
** You have the right to provide as much, or as little personal information as you choose to share.
* If you provide information about a family medical history, this information will be considered as your information only, and not personal information of other family members.
** Fund-raising lists may be obtained from third parties.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention of your Information. We only use or disclose your personal information for the purposes we have identified to you.
6. Our responsibility to ensure the accuracy of your personal information. PIPEDA requires that personal information be accurate, complete, and as up to date as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is used. At the CCTFA Foundation, other than fund-raising lists, virtually all of the personal information that we collect comes directly from individuals like you. We generally assume this information to be accurate and complete, unless we are informed otherwise by you.
7. Our responsibility to safeguard your personal information. The CCTFA Foundation uses appropriate safeguards to protect all personal information in its custody and control from theft, loss and unauthorized access, disclosure, copying or use.
9. Your right to access your personal information. Upon request, we will inform you if we hold any personal information about you and provide you with access to this information. If we have any personal information about you, we will also tell you for what purposes it is used and disclosed. You have the right to update any personal information that we hold on you. Should you wish to see the full contents of an information file, you must make a formal written request and mail it to:
Privacy – Look Good Feel Better - 420 Britannia Road E Suite 102 Mississauga ON L4Z 3L5