Choosing a wig may take a little bit of time and effort, but it will be worth it to find the wig that is perfect for you.
- Make an appointment – it can take 45 minutes to an hour to discuss options, choose the right wig and get fitted.
- For hygienic reasons, make sure the salon provides clients with nylon caps to wear when trying on wigs.
- Take a friend or family member for support and second opinions.
- Take a photo of yourself with your favourite hairstyle and colour for reference.
- To ensure the best fit, make sure your own hair is no longer than ¼ inch long.
- Try a variety of styles and colours – having choices is really empowering.
- Don’t feel pressured to buy a wig immediately. Take your time and be sure you have chosen a wig that you will feel comfortable wearing during the duration of your hair loss.
For more information on how to find a wig during Covid-19 Restrictons - click here.